Henry Ellis Warren received the first of his many patents on an electrical clock on July 13, 1909. Warren's first experimental electric clock, a family banjo clock originally made about 1830 and converted to electric drive prior to 1909, is now part of the permanent collection of the American Clock & Watch Museum at Bristol, CT.
In 1912, the Warren Clock Company was founded at Ashland, MA and in 1915, commercial production of battery clocks commenced. Warren's greatest achievement was the development of alternating current electric clocks in 1916, which opened the door for inexpensive domestic electric clocks.
Warren Type "B" Master Clock
Warren's alternating current motor was well protected by patents, giving fits to other clock manufacturers who wanted to enter this promising market in the latter 1920's. Though competitors eventually introduced domestic electrics, their earliest attempts were often inferior and troublesome, causing them endless grief for several years.
In 1926, Warren's firm became known as Warren Telechron Company, and in 1946 the firm's name was changed to Telechron, Inc. In 1951, the firm was merged with General Electric which had owned an interest in the firm for some years. By 1955, General Electric's trade catalogs called some clock models "General Electric Telechron" and the trademark "Telechron" has been used on some General Electric models through the present day.
Warren Telechron Reference Articles
Famous Warren Type "B" Master Clock Owners
Richard Oliver - The Clock Guy(!)