In 1868, the Parker & Whipple Manufacturing Company was organized by John E. Parker, H. J. P. Whipple and other manufacturing investors at Meriden, CT to succeed an earlier firm called Parker & Whipple, which had been manufacturing locks since 1895. This new firm continued to manufacture locks until 1880.
In 1880, Parker & Whipple obtained the right to manufacture novelty timepiece and alarm clocks under the patents of Arthur E. Hotchkiss of Cheshire, CT. That year they built a new clock factory at West Meriden. Manager of the Parker & Whipple factory during this period was Almeron Lane whose brother, Frederick A. Lane, was superintendent of the Yale Clock Company at New Haven, CT. which also manufactured A. E. Hotchkiss' patent movements.
In 1879, Charles E. Parker (b.1809) of Meriden became an investor in Parker & Whipple. Parker was one of the wealthiest men in the area at that time, having been involved in the manufacturing of rifles, shot guns, locks, Britannia ware, German silver, machine tools, sewing machines, printing presses, coffee grinders, waffle irons, wood screws and many other related products. In 1893, he bought out Parker & Whipple, changing the name to the Parker Clock Company.
The Parker Clock Company continued the manufacture of novelty timepieces and alarms, adding a line of larger drum cased alarm clocks. In 1919, they expanded their facility, adding a 21/2 story building 60 x 40 feet The Meriden papers of May 28, 1926 reported the firm had closed its doors, though it was apparently reopened thereafter. The Parker Clock Company was finally dissolved in 1934.